Friday, June 5, 2009

Skywatch Friday (Skies of Blue)


"I see skies of blue..... clouds of white

Bright blessed days....dark sacred nights

And I think to myself .....what a wonderful world."


This verse in Louis Armstrong's heartwarming song, "What a Wonderful World" certainly describes June in Selma. Most days, the skies are blue, the clouds are white, and the temperature is in the comfortable 80s. Add green trees and these magnificent white crape myrtle against white buildings and black ironwork, and we have summer in the Deep South!

The building above is the Selma-Dallas County Public Library, one of the most popular places in town during the summer.

To see more skies, check out www.skyley.blogspot.com

11 comments:

Hilda said...

That's the prettiest library I have ever seen! But with perfect weather like this, I'd bring out the book to read in a park :)

Janet said...

Hilda, it sure is! We are so fortunate to have not only a beautiful and well-stocked library but it also serves as a downtown hub for the community with meeting rooms and all sorts of events going on.

The little courtyard with a fountain is a nice place to sit and read too.

Small City Scenes said...

Wow!! Summer in the Deep South---I love it. Perfect. MB

Carol said...

This is beautiful...and it's just a library...so pretty...and I love that song....

Cathy said...

That is so beautiful. I love libraries and that one is gorgeous!!!

Sharon said...

We all need to have that positive attitude...it's a wonderful world!
Happy Skywatching:)

Jane Hards Photography said...

It is a beautiful building. I'm a huge fan of libraries and like yours our is more a community get together.Just wish ours was as pretty as this.

betty-NZ said...

That's a wonderful photo. I love ornate buildings.

Lowell said...

What a beautiful building...if it's as nice inside as out, you've got something really special!

Anonymous said...

Nice photo of a beautiful scene. I love crepe mrytles and that scroll ironwork is terrific.

Arija said...

Love the building, love the Lilacs and your shot.